Saturday, August 6, 2011

Fossil Vitra - A Fused Glass Technique

I have a fascination with Gingko leaves.  No idea why, maybe it's their color, or their interesting shape...not sure, but I love them.

I was out on a nature walk along Lansing's Rivertrail, and I came upon my favorite Gingko tree.  It's like running into an old friend. So, I admired her beauty for a while, and gently removed a few of her leaves from inconspicuous places.

SO excited, I came down to my glass studio, and went to work.  I coated this leaf with various colors of powdered glass (frit) and fused this leaf right into some black glass.  This is a test piece.  Now, I'm off to have some REAL fun with this technique and the rest of my gingko leaves!  stay tuned. <3

1 comment:

  1. How did this experiment turn out? Looks beautiful. Love your artwork, by the way.

    ReplyDelete