Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Etsy Relevancy Search Tool

Last week, Etsy rolled out a new search mechanism (new to them)...entitled "Relevancy."


There's been a lot of buzzing noises in the Etsy forums, lots of complaints, and, frankly, I've been really watching my listing and stats, and have tweaked my listing and my tags to make my shop more "relevant"" but I honestly can't make heads or tails of it.


With that said..I LOVE IT.  No longer will we have to open an Etsy search to find the same sellers dominating the first page EVERY TIME.  The little guys are getting some attention.  In the past, those who could afford to re-list, and re-list could do so and push out the people who couldn't afford to, and relied on their fresh listings to stay front page, albeit for only 10 minutes or so.


I've loved rediscovering some of the other glass sellers who have ORIGINAL ideas, no more decal-topped dichroic crap.  If that's what you like...search for it.  Otherwise, don't shove it down our throats.  


LOVE. 


Well played, Etsy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment